Ebook 99 Ways to Fight Worry and Stress

 Ebook 99 Ways to Fight Worry and Stress


Elsa Kok Colopy, 99 Ways to Fight Worry and Stress

W.terBrook Pr..ss | 2009 | ISBN: 0307458377 | 112 pages | epub | 2,3 MB



The 99 ways to cope and rise above worry and stress are grouped into categories that include Guard Your Rest, Dream a Little, Pursue Healthy Diversions, and Dive Into Truth.

Introduction

I wish I could say I handle stress and worry with ease. Two years ago I would have told you that I could handle most anything thrown my way. Im strong. I work out. I eat oatmeal

and pray nearly every day. What more does one need to face the hard times?

Then life came. I had a kidney go bad and required nine hours of surgery to get back on track. A few months later, I was in a bad car wreck. Then my husband lost his job, my

daughters appendix ruptured, and we moved across the country. Then there was the small stress of trying to sell a house in a pitiful economy, even as we moved into a two bedroom

apartment with what Im certain was a rock band (and their roadies) living above us. Then just to keep things interesting, our adult son moved back in with us and is, as I write these words, in need of a kidney transplant. My husband will be the donor. I dont feel so invincible anymore.

I need more than oatmeal and exercise. I need tools. I need day-to-day coping-with-life tools so I dont follow through on my temptation to move to the mountains with twenty pounds of chocolate, a few warm blankets, and an armload of romantic comedies.

I figure you understand my pain. You wouldnt have picked up this book if you didnt have your own litany of life stuffthings you never expected to happenworries, fears, heartbreak, stress over finances, marriages, kids, illness.

So join me. Join me as I investigate healthy ways to handle the worry and productive ways to walk through the stress. And maybe together we can move forward, not into our hiding places of choice, but through this season into hope, with smiles on our faces.

Comments

Popular Posts